I’ve decided to Officially Declare Hibernation Time
1. I shall reduce my hours at my work for money job
2. I shall spend a lot of time crocheting in my bear cave
3. I will emerge only for very festive occasions
4. I will have enough supplies (especially of coffee and milk) so if the weather is inclement I do not have to get my paws damp or cold
5. I have enough reading matter ( a visit to library is in order)
6. I will reconnect with people. This means supper parties when energy is high and when low starting to write to far flung friends.
7. Overall I will embrace S L O W living.
(if anyone wants an analoge email ie a postcard from me sign up for my newsletter HERE).
To ameliorate the gray and gloom of this time of year I’m posting a Scottish Colourist of the day over at my facebook. Do ‘like’ it if you want some painterly cheer in your facebook stream.
I have bought my first lot of wooly tights from M&S and made leek and potato soup.
To be honest the winter-is-coming-time-to-hibernate-vibe is taking me over. I’m checking out blankets knitted in sock yarn on Ravelry the kind of thing that will take a year to knit while I sit beside my metaphorical peat fire…
In the meanwhile a reminder if you want some autumnal cheer I’m sending an analogue postcard to anyone who signs up to my newsletter list. I have some postie plans for later in the year and you’ll get first shout on that if you sign up.
A few weeks ago on Leith Links – a glorious day!